January 09, 2005
100 Things about me...

  1. I was born in Richmond BC.

  2. I am left-handed.

  3. I am near-sighted.

  4. I’ve traveled to 4 different continents.

  5. My favourite city in the world is Paris.

  6. I graduated from high school with honours.

  7. It was completely by luck.

  8. I never attended college.

  9. I started working full-time when I was 17.

  10. I bought my first computer with stock money in 1996. It cost just over $4,000.

  11. I enjoy genealogy and have traced my ancestors to the early 1700s.

  12. My ancestors come from England, Scotland and Ireland.

  13. My favourite color is purple.

  14. I love to read.

  15. I love to collect books even more.

  16. My favourite authors are Wilbur Smith and Bryce Courtenay.

  17. I am addicted to magazines.; I buy 3 on a weekly basis (Star, People, Entertainment Weekly)

  18. I drive a 2002 black Cabrio.

  19. I am a shopaholic.

  20. I love to cook, but living by myself, I rarely do.

  21. I have four brothers.

  22. I only speak to one on a regular basis.

  23. I smoked as a teenager, until my Mom got emphysema and gave me a wakeup call.

  24. I have a dog, a border collie.

  25. I commute an hour each way daily.

  26. I'm arachnophobic. Seriously. I stop breathing, cold sweats, the works.

  27. I’m accident and illness prone.

  28. My first real job was working in my mother’s bakery.

  29. I fell in love for the first time listening to Bananarama while ice-skating.

  30. It lasted 10 years.

  31. It was an extremely ugly break-up, and I have had serious trust issues ever since.

  32. I have been stalked. By my ex's new girlfriend, no less.

  33. I volunteered to help organize a local Cancer relay last year and raised nearly $1500 personally.

  34. I have also volunteered at polling stations during municipal elections.

  35. I can read Tarot, and palms.

  36. I once found love sitting on a bridge in Monaco under a full moon. It felt like I was living a movie.

  37. He was a charmer, and somehow I ended up buying my own engagement ring.

  38. He lived in South Africa. I didn’t.

  39. His mother told me I didn’t have a chance. She was right.

  40. One of the best vacations I ever took was to a friend's wedding in DC in 1999.

  41. It gave me the opportunity to meet a bunch of really great people that until that moment I'd only known "online", but have since become lifelong friends.

  42. I hope to one day find that ‘someone special’.

  43. But I will be okay if I don’t.

  44. The best concert I’ve ever been to is definitely Great Big Sea.

  45. Cher is the second best.

  46. The first concert I ever went to was Huey Lewis and The News.

  47. I saw Arnold Swartzenegger at a Planet Hollywood opening. It's a bit of a story actually. Embarrassing one, really.

  48. I saw Matthew Perry and Chris Farley filming a movie on a beach in California. It was by accident. My friend and I just stopped to stretch our legs.

  49. I have driven to California twice. It’s a long way.

  50. I used to work at the police station sorting autopsy photos.

  51. I left after 6 months. It was not for me. 13 years later, and those pictures still haunt me.

  52. I have Crohn’s Disease.

  53. I also have chronic migraines.

  54. I had my first migraine when I was 6.

  55. Now I get them about 4 a month.

  56. I take preventative medicine and they work. Instead of 12 a month, I get 4.

  57. My grandfather died of a cerebral haemorrage.

  58. It scares me that he had migraines too.

  59. I was with my cousin when she passed away. I think about it often.

  60. My favourite American city is San Francisco, CA followed by Washington, DC.

  61. My parents have been married since 1952.

  62. My brothers have all been married since their teens. There has never been a divorce in my family.

  63. I have 5 nieces, 3 nephews, 1 greatniece and 1 greatnephew.

  64. I have been in two serious car accidents, neither my fault.

  65. My first car was a Pontiac Firefly.

  66. It was killed by a drunk driver. I found it upside down in a ditch. I was thrilled. I hated that car.

  67. My grandfather had to leave Ireland after an unfortunate incident with the IRA.

  68. He and my grandmother flipped a coin as to where they’d end up. Heads, Canada; Tails, Australia. Guess which they got?

  69. I often dream of things that actually come true.

  70. I follow my heart rather than my head.

  71. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but I’ve never regretted a thing.

  72. I was bullied in high school.

  73. The principal refused to believe it. I still harbour nasty feelings towards that man.

  74. I have a habit of walking barefoot when I drink, and I have the scars to prove it.

  75. I don’t drink very much at all. I have been drunk once in the last 2 years.

  76. I have hazel eyes.

  77. I bought my house in ’99, with money from stocks.

  78. It’s in the neighbourhood that I have always wanted to live, since the age of 15.

  79. Since I have bought it, it has appreciated 50%.

  80. I worked at my previous company for 9 ½ years, but am now unemployed.

  81. I would love to start a business that I can do from home.

  82. If I learn one new thing or make someone smile, I have had a good day.

  83. My friends find me really funny and quick-witted. Some days it's hard to live up to that.

  84. My most prized possessions are all the old photographs, papers and certificates that belonged to my grandparents.

  85. I plan to scan them in and somehow archive them so others in my family can enjoy them.

  86. I have 84 pairs of shoes. I know it’s wrong, but I just can’t stop, DAMMIT!

  87. If I could shag any famous person, it would be Viggo Mortensen.

  88. Followed closely by Johnny Depp.

  89. And then likely Aidan Quinn.

  90. Oh, nearly forgot about LL Cool J.

  91. My dream is to write a book one day.

  92. I have an addiction to Coca-Cola.

  93. And white chocolate.

  94. I don’t diet. I finally decided a few years ago that this is my body shape and I’m proud of it.

  95. It gave me a lot of inner peace when I finally accepted who I was.

  96. My favourite meal is pasta with a garlic cream sauce (I made up the recipe, but it works).

  97. I can’t eat anything spicy. Even just pepper.

  98. I have lived alone for 8 years.

  99. I get worried that I’ll never have someone in my life because I’m too stuck in my ways.

  100. I’ve become seriously addicted to writing.



Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie