March 17, 2005
The night it was...
It started out ok...we went for dinner at a pub in honour of the day. I had a couple of Bailey's and Hot Chocolate and even found myself laughing a lot. Then the call came.

Ron had another attack this evening. He is, again, resting comfortably in the Cardiac ICU but we remain in purgatory. They know he has blockages but without the test cannot confirm how serious they are. The fact that he continues to have attacks is not a good thing, but he did have a rally today where he felt quite good and took a bit of walk.

The test he requires is at another hospital. There are only two hospitals available for this test, and understandably, are incredibly overbooked. He is only one of many in his situation. We had been assured he would be transfered today, but then were told there were no beds available. Such is the life of an overburdened medical system.

His Chief was going to talk to the hospital and see if there was anything that could be done. It's been a bit of a parade of the Blues today, as a good percentage of his shift mates and other friends in blue got the word that he had fallen ill. If there is one thing to be said, it's the brotherhood of those wearing the badge. They have really taken to the cause and are being a lot of help.

So we wait. Every moment is an eternity. Every second a lifetime. I think I may go stay with my brother's family for the next few days as being home in this house by myself is not good, and gives me far too much time to think and worry.

Thanks all who have been praying and sending thoughts. It's much appreciated.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie