June 24, 2005
Time Passages
Gypsy in the Wind tagged me with this little walk down memory lane.

10 years ago...
My first boyfriend and I were splitting up after 10 years, and I was recovering from a major operation on my right arm/wrist. My Uncle was in the end stages of lung cancer (he passed away July 21, 1995 at home). I was on medical leave from my job, but would lose it in August due to restructuring (otherwise known as my boss decided he didn't like me anymore). That particular summer was one of the most - actually, the most difficult of my life and it changed me totally. However, I am also thankful for what it taught me - to be reliant on myself for happiness and not on another's actions. I grew up that summer of '95 and it truly was a blessing in disguise.

5 years ago...
I had been working at my'new' job for 5 years and was learning how to be a manager. I quickly found out I am not people-manager material, but give me data and I'm off an running. Of course, I did have a rough start. A girl I hired for one of the main positions was pregnant and didn't know how to tell me as I needed her for a major project in September (she was due in October). So as she grew larger and larger, she still wouldn't admit to it. According to HR and our employment lawyers, it's a 'can't ask, don't tell' thing.

I had also just bought my home, and that summer took a trip to Australia with my niece for 3 weeks. It was a great trip, although travelling with a 16 year old is a little more challenging than I ever want to do again.


1 year ago...
I was just getting ready to go to Hawaii with my friends. I was happy, healthy and more than ready for a vacation. Who knew my life would change so much meeting the NavyBoy?

The job was monotonous, and after 9 years, I was hating it. But I was not a quitter. Thankfully things turned out so positively.

Yesterday...
I had the 5th day of a migraine, and took the afternoon off work to pass out. I laid there wishing I could be more forceful with my doctor and make her understand how debilitating my life feels at times. But instead, I see her when I'm feeling better and tend to forget the bad days as soon as they're gone.

Today...
It's my Mom's 70th birthday. We're having a surprise party for her at my brother's. At this point, we don't think she has any idea, but my Mom has 'antennas' and not much gets past her.

Tomorrow...
It's the company's golf tournament. Wish me luck! I've now tried this driving range stuff twice, and have a cute little white glove. If you can't golf, at least you have to look the part, right?

5 snacks I enjoy...

  1. Rold Gold mini-pretzels
  2. Wasabi-coated Macadamia nuts
  3. Golden Oreos
  4. Melted chocolate chips with icing sugar
  5. Ben & Jerry's Peace Pops (Cookie dough ice cream!)
5 songs I know all the words to...

  1. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
  2. Livin' on a Prayer - bon Jovi
  3. Goodbye Girl - Bread
  4. Love Bites/Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
  5. Hotel California - Eagles
5 things I would do with $100,000,000...

  1. Remodel my home
  2. Pay off my family's debts
  3. Go on an extended vacation
  4. Give some to charity
  5. Get a tummy tuck
5 locations I would love to run away to...

  1. Cork, Ireland - see where my family lives
  2. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
  3. Angel Falls, Brazil.
  4. Greece
  5. Rome, Italy - I made a promise to go back there and I will
5 things I like doing...

  1. Reading mindless magazines and trivia books
  2. Hanging out with friends for coffee, or dinner
  3. Writing
  4. Scanning old photographs and making them into slideshows
  5. Family history
5 things I would never wear...

  1. Contacts (more because I can't, though)
  2. Facial piercings
  3. T-Shirts with provocative sayings on them (if I want it said, I'll say it myself)
  4. Bike shorts (I don't bike, so why would I?)
  5. Supportive hose
5 recently seen movies I like...

  1. The Clearing
  2. Love Actually;
  3. Be Cool
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. The Aviator
5 famous people I'd like to meet...

  1. Robin Williams
  2. Stevie Nicks (I think she'd be really interesting to talk to....)
  3. Kate Hudson
  4. Amanda Marshall
  5. Whoopi Goldberg

5 biggest joys of the moment...

  1. My nephew, Lex
  2. Knowing that Todd really does want to be in this relationship as much as I do.
  3. Having a new job I completely enjoy and being happy to come to work every day.
  4. New coworkers who I feel appreciate me, and are becoming friends.
  5. Helping my best friend plan her wedding for next April.

5 favorite toys...

  1. Digital camera (I never am far away from it)
  2. Webcam
  3. Cabrio - when the sun is shining, there's nothin' better than a convertible.
  4. External Hard Drive with 26,000 songs on it
  5. Kitchenaid Mixer - Love to bake/cook a lot more now that I have that!
5 people to tag...
  1. Idgie/Fried Green Tomatoes
  2. Rebecca/Doxology
  3. Stephie/Stephie's Thoughts
  4. CaliValleyGirl
  5. Teresa/Cool Single Mom


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie