June 18, 2005
Pieces of Me
Found this on Tricia's blog and thought it was a great idea:

Twelve Movies
  1. The Notebook
  2. Braveheart
  3. Officer and a Gentleman
  4. Steel Magnolias
  5. Dirty Dancing
  6. The Tao of Steve
  7. Ghost
  8. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  9. The Harry Potter movies
  10. Beaches
  11. Gone with The Wind
  12. Good Will Hunting
Eleven Good Bands/Artists
  1. Bon Jovi
  2. Amanda Marshall
  3. Martina McBride
  4. Tom Wait
  5. Great Big Sea
  6. Jann Arden
  7. Lisa Marie Presley
  8. Faith Hill
  9. Stevie Nicks
  10. John Mayer
  11. Just Jinger
Ten Things About You
  1. I have a shoe addiction. Somewhere around 80 pairs.
  2. I am left handed
  3. I love fresh flowers, but never remember to buy myself some!
  4. I am more than a little anal, and label anything I can get my hands on!
  5. I just found out I likely will never be able to have children of my own.
  6. I am a news junkie, and spend a lot of time every day keeping up with world events.
  7. I am fairly nervous of meeting new people, but I am working on it.
  8. I am more than 60% grey and colour it religiously.
  9. I have never been married, although missed it by a hair in '95 when I found out my fiance was cheating. Would like to be married, but am very glad that didn't work out.
  10. I would love to write a book on the story of my family's immigration from Ireland, something like Angela's Ashes.
Nine Good Friends
  1. Leigh
  2. Fiona
  3. Shannon (isn't it great when nieces grow up to be friends, too?)
  4. Teresa
  5. Kelly
  6. Stephie
  7. John
  8. Ian
  9. Michelle
Eight Favorite Foods/Drinks
  1. Chai Latte with Almond flavouring
  2. White Chocolate Aero bars
  3. Pasta with my own 'throw everything in' white sauce
  4. Coca-Cola (well, more an addiction, but I digress...)
  5. Lebanese Konafa (shaved filo pastry, honey and cheese)
  6. Hot Chocolate & Bailey's
  7. Salmon w/ dill sauce
  8. Scallops wrapped in bacon
Seven Things You Wear Daily
  1. Glasses
  2. my Grandmother's wedding ring (they married in 1922 in Wales)
  3. a sapphire ring given to me by my parents on my 19th birthday
  4. an amethyst celtic ring with a trinity knot on either side
  5. a gold/opal ring given to my mother on her 50th birthday by her mother
  6. an amethyst pendant necklace from my niece, Shannon
  7. Clothes (yeah, not too descriptive there, but I definitely wear them every day!)
Six Things You Hate
  1. People who take and don't give back
  2. Lying (I have extreme trust issues, and once doubt is placed it's hard for me to regain)
  3. Prejudice
  4. Ill-informed people who jump to conclusions but won't listen to a different viewpoint.
  5. Migraines!
  6. My toes
Five Things You Do Daily
  1. Check my email, blogs and newsites
  2. Watch TV
  3. Play ball with the dog
  4. Talk to my mother and my niece
  5. Read
Four Shows You Watch
  1. Lost
  2. Law & Order: SVU
  3. Six Feet Under
  4. ER
Three Places You’ve Lived (I' ve only lived 3 places, actually):
  1. My parent's home - a 5 bedroom house with a big in-the-ground pool (up until '92)
  2. My first apartment in Vancouver - a 1 bedroom tiny hole in the wall that I hated ('92-'99)
  3. My own townhouse that I live in now, bought in '99. I walked in here and knew I was home.
Two Things You Want
  1. Someone to grow old with
  2. Family unity (but I may as well say world peace there)

One Person You Want To See Right Now

1. For real? Obviously, Todd. My world does seem empty without him here. But if we were talking anyone, I would say my cousin who passed away in '97. No day goes by that I don't miss her. She may have been my Aunt's daughter but she was my sister in every other way.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie