October 02, 2005
October already?
There is nothing better than having a baby fall asleep in your arms.


I've spent most of the weekend over with my niece and I'm glad to say she's doing well. Not a happy puppy, mind you, but she'll be ok.

It amazes me how far this operation has come in 10 years. Granted, mine was a little more involved but at the same time, it's almost space-age. She was awake, under local anaesthetic, and while it didn't hurt, she could feel the pressure of the procedure. Scraping, cauterizing, and removal. The nurses were fantastic, talking to her throughout and keeping her calm. When it came time to complete the operation, her incision was closed without stitches. When she first told me that, I thought she was possibly not understanding it all, but was surprised to see a 3" scar on her wrist that looked completely healed only 6 hours after.

Of course, it has given her a lot of discomfort. It's very swollen and the first day she was unable to move her fingers at all, which made it very difficult to manage the baby. I had told her when she came home from the hospital to get the pain medication right away, but she tried to go without. However, by 9pm, I received a teary phonecall that she needed it.

Hayley is at an age where she is asking questions about everything. 'Mommy's doctor fixed her arm' wasn't enough for the precocious 3 1/2 year old. It was only when she was satisfied there was blood and juice, and cutting that she stopped asking.

By last night, Shan was improving and was able to hold Lex and pick him up. Her parents had returned from their vacation and it was time for me to come home. I'm tired but relieved she's ok.

However, now, I have a challenge. I haven't been reading Harry Potter 6, because I was into the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. But the girls have been threatening to tell me the plot twists if I don't finish. I'm on Page 250, and they've even gone as far as to tell me what page the BIG event happens. So today, on this rainy cloudy Sunday, I will complete their challenge so they can stop teasing me!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie