November 16, 2004
Ahhh...Sunsets!

Thought I should put something up that made me feel happier than I have been all day. I have been so angry and in such a bad mood all day...

It was one of those days at work where everyone was barking orders all at the same time, expecting unreasonable amounts of work to be done in too short order, and also a day that I had to apologize for losing my temper a couple of times. I guess I did miss that sleep last night more than I thought I did....

And to top the crappy day off, I missed Todd's phonecall because of those damned deadlines and now I won't hear from him until the weekend. I miss him so much it'very heavy on the heart these days but I guess it will only get worse before it gets better. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for the military spouses with kids doing this full-time, not the half-assed part time that we're doing.

Sunsets have always been something that has made me feel peaceful. I moved to my home 5 years ago and one of the biggest reasons I chose where I did was because I'm at the water's edge and when the sun sets, it's absolutely breathtaking. When I was about 16, I was dating a guy who lived in the general area I live now. We sat on the balcony at his mom's place watching the sun set. That night, it was one of the most incredible reds, oranges turning into sultry purple and finally, when the sun fully set, the stars were so bright I felt I could reach out and touch them. I said to my boyfriend that if I ever was able to afford my own home, that this would be where I would live. He laughed. We were young. Being grown up seemed so far away.

I never forgot that moment. The guy was out of my life a few weeks later and I barely can remember what he looked like now, but I remember that sunset like I saw it yesterday. In 1999, I knew it was time. I was looking around and found my home here and it felt like it had been waiting for me to arrive. I bought this place and I could never imagine ever being anywhere else.

When the sun sets, it's like all the trials and tribulations are laid to rest and that tomorrow holds promise of everything good.
Posted by Hello

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie