December 26, 2004
The end for another year
Well, it's over. So much stress, so much turmoil, and it went off more or less without a hitch. Exceedingly well, actually. Psycho SIL must have popped her Xanax as she was really sweet all night.

Of course, I'm having a little kidney attack again so I'm not up to a big long story tonight, but I did start up one of those photo pages.

You can see our holiday fun at:
http://cdnsue.fotopages.com/

Tonight was dinner at my Aunt's. She's a bit doddery and old now, so dinner is more us putting it on at her house but she thinks she's actually doing it herself. I went and screwed things up by going into a rather painfully acute attack during dinner. It was enough to freak my mother out - who was already fragile from the drama of the last couple days and I ended up yelling at her, and then immediately regretting it. It's just frustrating. These stabbing attacks are awful enough, but to have to be in front of people when it hits, just compounds the embarassment.

So in the end, I made my mother cry at Christmas. Don't I feel just bloody wonderful tonight? I have since apologized profusely and tried to explain my frustration was not at her, but at the situation. Still not sure if I got that point out clearly enough.

Then just as we were leaving, the Little One ended up with yet another nosebleed. It lasted a good 15 minutes and was terribly heavy. As you can imagine, it got everyone all the more riled up.

But there was good stuff today....I got some wicked deals on computer crap at the Boxing Day sales. A new video card (ATI 9600XT All-In-Wonder) for $175, regularly $399. A new scanner for my mother for $50, rather than $129. And a bunch of DVD-R's for $34.99/100. Ah, shopping always makes me happy.

Anyway, it's done. Now I've taken the pain pills and I'm done too. Tomorrow is yet another day.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie