February 05, 2005
Turning the page
I think yesterday might have actually been my first missed blog day in over 2 months! As luck would continue to have it, I developed yet another cold. So I was quite under the weather yesterday and today. It's probably stress release, or something.

Oddly, I am still smiling. Life is good!

Yesterday, I went back to work to pack up my decade of memories. It was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be, but it felt good. Like it was time. People stopped by to say their goodbyes often, so although I expected to take an hour, it took nearly 5. The mood at the office is low...a lot is expected and it's feeling very much like it is too much. A lot of talk of more walking, but who knows? I was one of 37 people gone. BossDude helped me carry my boxes to the car in the end, and I believe I truly have left on a high note.

On the 15th, there will be a dinner for me and the other person from our department, R. We are being treated to an amazing restaurant, on behalf of the company to thank us for our years of service. As well, it would look like my lovely parting gift will be tickets to the Unique Lives and Experiences lecture series. This is something I have dearly wanted to go to, but given the cost, could not justify it. I am most looking forward to seeing Marianne Pearl, the widow of Daniel Pearl. It has been a whirlwind few days, and emotional in that I truly feel appreciated. Sort of ironic, given the last few months. I have since found out that the decision to release me was decided by a team of consultants and no recourse was given by our immediate managers. I still am not entirely convinced, but I will let it go. It is just not worth worrying about.

Then last night, something else happened to warm my heart. I reconnected with a friend that I haven't spoken to in eons. No reason, just time, space....life. We talked for over 2 hours, and it felt like it was just yesterday that we spoke. It just feels like everything is clicking back into place.

And Todd has called so many times, worried about me. He has forbidden (not a word I often take well to!) me to buy any calling cards for him. Even though he is so far away, I have never felt closer to him than I have in these past couple days. Although I already knew I was way over the turning point, I realized it very strongly after I had my meeting with HR. I wanted to hear his voice so badly...and I knew then that it was way deeper than I had thought. And he has been there. I emailed him and he called me immediately. It was 3am his time.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie