January 29, 2005
Perfectionism
I am in the process of uploading my entire MP3 collection onto my new Nomad Zen MP3 player. 30GB, seemed doable but holy hell, that's a lot of SPACE! I have so many random CD's all over the place full of MP3s. I've finished uploading about 13GB (or around 4000 songs) so far....still miles to go. But I'm finding one incredibly annoying thing as I look through the list, it's missing tonnes of information. Some have uploaded only information like [track 1] or [unknown], or better yet, something as descript as 223.

There are few things that really rankle me in life, but one of my pet peeves is either unfinished forms, or spelling mistakes. So I see this little database of music, and it's poorly set up information, and my little perfectionist side of me starts convulsing.

So tonight, it would seem I am playing a little Name That Tune Solitaire.

Play a song. Listen to the first 5 seconds. If I can name it, great. Fill in the info and move on. I'm batting about 75% right now.

But, if not, it's onto Google heaven. I am amazed at how many lyric sites there are out there. Type in something as obscure as 'Here comes Johnny" "Government Loan" and lyrics, and I'm dutifully informed that Iggy Pop sung Lust Of Life and it's from the 70s.

I've also learned I've been suffering from a 20-year old case of Lyrichosis. All this time, I thought Journey sung in Faithfully 'Loving an amusing man isn't all it's s'posed to be'. Ahh...MUSIC man. Whatever. He was probably was amusing too. I liked it better that way.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie