March 08, 2005
Relays For Cancer


Last year, I took part in a 12-hour overnight Relay For Life, an international event for cancer research. At the time, I raised $1,200 personally and was very proud of what my team accomplished. Unfortunately, my health wasn't great then and it's not good enough now to do it this year, so I am putting out the word for someone who can.

Statistics show 1 in 3 Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime. I have lost 8 close members of my family, and have had a couple close calls myself. There are very few people who don't know the evil that cancer can cause.

When I began blogging, I found Cav. She is currently battling lymphoma but does so with such valour and honesty. I love reading her stuff because of her blunt and humourous style. A friend of hers is doing a Relay in her honour, and has pledged to raise $3,900. She's more than half way there, but needs more help.






Click to Donate

The sad fact is that the cure will take a great deal of money and time. Much more money than our governments can provide.

And if that's not reason enough, hear it from the mouths of babes.

Thanks for your time. You may now return to your regular programming!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie