April 19, 2005
Spring has sprung
Last night, I had the sure signs that spring is definitely here. The Raccoon is back. I used to think they were cute and sweet...adorable little fuzzy creatures. Then I found out. They are evil. And the family of them that lives in my neighbourhood is anything but adorable.

They find delight in scurrying around my backyard at night, freaking the dog out and crapping below my bedroom window. More times than I can count, we have found piles of their little decorations underneath the window and trust me, in the summer, it is NOT what you want to smell when you try to get fresh air.

Once, in one of my more embarrassing moments, I had to take a sample to the vets when Molly was sick. I scooped it up, brought it in and was distraught when the vet called later in the day to say it had tested positive for several parasites, and even Beaver Fever. Another $100 for further testing revealed that while my dog was fine, the raccoon had seen better days.

I was on the phone last night when it peered in the window at me. Sort of an eerie 'We're BAAAACK!'

Maybe the coyote will get some lunch instead. One can hope. Ah, the joys of nature.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie