May 07, 2005
Saturday sludge
I'm feeling quite a bit better today, at least as long as I don't actually try to eat. Or think about food at all for that matter. No fever today, so that's somethin'...

I did Todd's tarot for him last night. I hadn't drawn the cards for anyone for a long time, ever since I saw a friend's miscarriage in them, I have been hesitant. But he's going through a lot of emotions right now and not really knowing where to proceed. So I did a spread for him and I thought I did quite well - I saw a lot of turmoil going on but it seemed to be positive over all as long as he learned to rely on his instincts. Of course, he didn't read it like that at all and when he phoned this morning, he seemed more depressed than ever. Now I feel terrible. I thought I was doing what he wanted but now I feel like I should have kept my trap shut. He's in such a deep dark place right now, and I have no idea how to bring him up.

(And Stephie, I know I promised you a reading too...I will hopefully do that soon!)

In other news, my friend is battling a pretty serious infection at the moment that has her going into the hospital every 12 hours for an IV treatment. It's a type of Staph called MRSA, but considered to be the Superbug as it's resistant to most medications. She had it twice last fall and was seriously ill. This is not something to be trifled with....as it can be life-threatening. I am very worried for her. Life has been a rollercoaster with her, as she's in the midst of a divorce and other relationship issues and it's just not been easy at all.

What does annoy me on her behalf though is that instead of being hospitalized, she must go to the hospital for outpatient treatment twice a day. The hospital is a good 40 min. from her house, so imagine having to get one treatment around noon and then having to pack yourself back to the hospital for midnight. How does one possibly rest to get better?

A couple of quick links -

Check out Audience of One's weekly round up of bloggers.

And if you haven't read Michael Yon's online magazine, it's a must read. He's the photographer who took the picture of the fatally injured Iraqi toddler being carried to medics by a soldier.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie