November 18, 2004
Martin fires Parrish
I know this won't make huge news globally but I was happy to see it. Our Prime Minister fired one of his cabinet today for making anti-American statements.

While I am all for free speech, this lady went way over the limit given her power and position. She most certainly has a right to her opinion, but to use the public forum in the way she did was unfortunate and in poor judgement.

Putting a different spin on this, if this situation happened in a boardroom setting, she would have been let go long ago. Her behaviour is counteractive and disappointing.

There are many differences between Canadians and Americans, but there are also a lot of common wants, needs and dreams. I'll be the first to admit there are days that American policy leaves me scratching my head - same can be said for Canadian - but at the end of the day, we are both working towards the same cause. A good, safe country to raise our families and live in. How we get there might be slightly different but we're both brothers from the same Mother Earth.



Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie