December 13, 2004
Calling in sick
I hate doing it. It's something that I give myself a lot of crap for and that I have little patience for usually. But given the fact that I've been sick to my stomach since 3am and hurting a pretty great deal, I threw in the towel and called in. Of course, I'm sure they're all thinking I'm scamming....BossDude left Friday and with it being such a busy time of year, but whatever. Can't do anything about it. I stayed in bed until 11 - unheard of for me - and now at 12:30 pm just barely functioning after loads of Tylenol #3 and Gravol. It's now come clear this is another kidney issue again. I wasn't sure earlier, just knew that I was nauseated and hurting, but now the meds are in it's localized. So I'm down for the count today...by tonight, I've got to be at least somewhat improved so I can go shopping on one of the slow night's of the year. Anyway, enough whining...moving on....

I'm missing Todd today again. I tell myself I'm in control, but truth be known, that boy has my heart more than I want him to. Hopefully he doesn't realize it, though. Gotta keep a little of that mystery and aloofness out there. I got an email from his brother the other day, saying that he knew of what was going on and pleading with me to give his brother a fair shake as apparently he's been through a lot lately (who hasn't?). He also told me that he would keep in touch with me in the unlikely chance that Todd is hurt while playing in the sandbox. I'm calmer about that though now...it's sort of a fate thing. Can't do anything about it but now having a better idea of what his duties are while there makes me feel better. He's not going to be in a very tumultuous environment, so hopefully he'll just have to deal with boredom more than gunfire. One can hope! He moved yesterday to his new training centre so I suspect I'll hear from him once he's settled. I still can't shake the feeling that we have some sort of long-term connection. I know that for so many reasons, it shouldn't be true and if I were seeing me from the outside, I'd be giving me the lectures most of my friends are too. I guess time will tell. I try to be such a pragmatic person, dealing with facts and analysing situations, but honestly, I'm such a big fluffy marshmallow inside.

Last night, we went to my brother's for dinner and to see the Christmas Lights Train at their local park. Would have been fun, but for some odd reason, it is only open until 5pm. Thought that was so bizarre...what's the point of Christmas Lights during daylight? Sure, it's a rough part of town but with all the lights and people around, I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad. At least the drug dealers could see their money and little baggies easier!

So instead, we went just driving around the different areas and looked at houses with their Christmas displays. We saw Santa being pulled by two cows and a camel on one front lawn. Shannon pointed out something interesting with the 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' song...that they probably don't because Africa is predominantly Muslim. I think my odd thinking is wearing off on the girl. Ha!

Time for a nap, I think.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie