December 01, 2004
A beautiful day in the neighbourhood...
So my niece finally went for her 3 1/2 hour test at the hospital yesterday. Apparently she was less than amused with my descriptions of large episotomies with GD babies. Heh.

However, in the time she was gone and while her younger sister, Jamie looked after Hayley monster, there seemed to be a weeee bit of drama....

The house about 3 doors down blew up. Apparently, it was a meth lab. Who knew? Guess they didn't mix Toxin A with Poison B very well. So hard to get good help these days. To picture my brother's neighbourhood though, it's not exactly Central Compton. The houses are going for $600K-$1M, depending on the views and upgrades. The whole neighbourhood was built within the last 18 months. Not exactly where you'd expect to find a drug lab...not to mention my brother has been a drug cop for quite some time now and even he didn't notice anything bizarre.

While the house was burning down the street, Hayley's nose apparently began to bleed. Jamie saw the blood, freaked out and called 911. Granted, it's all a bit scary when there's blood but take a deep breath, girl! The operator spent more time on the call to calm Jamie down than it took for Hayley's nose to stop gushing.

So Shan got back from her appointment, all refreshed from reading 10 year old magazines to the Vortex Of Stress. Not surprisingly, she got contractions again. So she ended up back at the hospital last night. More false labour again. But something tells me this kid'll be making it's debut sooner rather than later.

I told her I would be quite happy if Skizzy arrives during the holidays as I'm off work December 17-January 4. She responded with an evil glare, so I guess "it's all about her". Whateva!



Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie