November 27, 2004
Weekends are too short...
It's only Saturday morning, but I'm already feeling like this weekend is going too fast. Felt really crappy last night with a pretty severe migraine. Pain meds didn't touch it so I ended up in bed at 9pm.

The dreams were pretty damned colourful though. I dreamt I was on some South Pacific island (why do I keep dreaming of Hawaii or things like it?), where there was an erupting volcano. Bright orange lava dancing on the horizon. I walked into an orchid farm, where the flowers were a calidoscope of every imaginable hue. Then it was down to this little hallway with a door into some sort of marsh with Easter Island-ish type idols fallen in the water covered in moss. At least the meds keep me from being bored, anyhow.

Thankfully, today, I'm feeling actually pretty good. Wishing I knew where to go get a good haircut though. My hairdresser retired a few months back and I've been waiting it out for about 4 months now. It's getting to the point I may have to find a Supercuts afterall. Cringe.

This afternoon, I'm off to a baby shower for my friend, Tanya. She's due with her first babe on Christmas Day. It's been a fun ride watching her change shape and get closer to being a Mom. She lost her Dad to cancer in May, the same weekend she found out she was expecting the new addition. So in a lot of ways, this is a regeneration of life for her. The baby will be named after her Dad.

Tonight, we're off to see a friend's band play their first (or maybe second?) gig at a pub near the university. Dave's a great guy, plays a mean guitar and well, can't hold a note to save his life. From what I've heard, he's the best vocalist in the group so that doesn't bode well. But we will go and enjoy it all the same. We will clap and tell him how great they sound. Because even singing poorly on a stage in front of a crowd is more than I could ever do.

Tomorrow's my cousin's little one's 2nd birthday. So it'll be a whole fam-damily kinda moment. Cake, kids running around, general craziness.

At some point, though, I really need to start seriously Xmas shopping. Two presents down so far, about 40,000 to go.

Haven't heard from Todd in a few days, although I'm not all too concerned. He was going to visit his parents for Thanksgiving and apparently there was a whole going-away party being thrown. Tonight is his last night at work before he leaves. I suspect I'll either hear from him later today or tomorrow. But I'm in a much better frame of mind about the whole situation. Somehow all this blogging helped me come to terms with how I was feeling and helped me let go of a few things. Can't complain there....

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie