December 05, 2004
Where is the time going?
Let alone the fact that it's bloody DECEMBER already, Christmas is flinging towards us like a train with no emergency brake. I am still pretty bah-humbug, but I have to admit, grudgingly, that the 'spirit' seems to be creeping in by osmosis.

I came home the other night from work - late again, but that's another story - to find my house dripping in Christmas Lights. Apparently I had been visited by the Xmas Light Faeries (AKA Mom and Dad). They knew I'd been feeling under the weather so were sweet enough to come over and festify (it's a word!) the place.

Then last night, I looked after the Hayleymachine while her parents went to decorate gingerbread houses at a friends. I tend not to do the gingerbread houses because I have a weee bit of a problem with perfectionism and end up just getting annoyed that the vision in my head doesn't match the globs of icing in front of me. But it works out well. Hayley is just at that perfect age now to enjoy the moment and if little kids can't bring the spirit out in this Grinch, I don't know can.

We watched Rudolph - the original Burl Ives classic. A first for her and to see it through her eyes was fantastic. The Abomnibubble Snowman was her favorite. And when I left she wouldn't let go of the DVD case so it would seem it's hers now.

Other than that, I stupidly decided that this whole kidney stone stuff was over the top. From what people were describing, a pain worse than childbirth - not that I would know - wasn't jibing with what I was feeling. Yeah, the pain was bad but childbirth? So I stopped taking the meds and painkillers yesterday morning. Suffice to say, I was put soundly back in my place at 4am this morning when the pain was so bad, I actually got sick to my stomach. Maybe that damned doctor does know a thing or two. And speaking of which, my appointment at the hospital with the urologist is December 21. Just in time for Christmas....which considering wait lists, is pretty damned quick. It made me happy but a little freaked at the same time.

My mom and I are on our way to the States today for Xmas Shopping. Hopefully the border lineups won't be too bad. Mom's been kinda down lately as her health isn't the greatest - she has emphysema and severe osteoporosis so she has a lot of pain. On Friday night, she gave me a ring that was my grandmother's. It is just beautiful. 3 opals set in yellow gold. I immediately put it on and will never take it off again. I am already wearing my grandmother's wedding ring so it completed the set.

Todd update. The boy is definitely trying to get my attention, but I'm feeling a bit jaded. He called Thursday, as I mentioned and then he called THREE times on Friday. Dude, I can't miss you if you keep calling every two hours. Of course, since then I haven't heard from him again... Reading up on blogs yesterday, there was the report of one of the milbloggers getting hit by an IED attack. And I want to not be some freaky chick, but hell. This whole stuff really worries me and I try very hard to keep up with the information, to read all I can and to understand, but at the end of the day, who's going to let me know if he gets hurt? I asked him to make sure that someone is aware that I need to know and he said he'd 'find someone' but hasn't come back about who. Of course, I don't get a lot of understanding here. My family just remembers how hurt I was when I didn't go to see him and don't let me forget it. I tell ya it's a bit of a braincheck when I got a lecture last night from my 22 year old niece. It wasn't that long ago I was picking her up off the floor - when did she get so wise and allknowing? Anyway, it's not like I'm completely oblivious to the situation but I'm just not sure where I'm going with it. Day by day I guess.

Well, thanks all for your good wishes on my comments. I really appreciate it! I had better get ready now to go do some serious shoppin'.


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie