December 02, 2004
Another day, another malady...
So I haven't spent a whole lot of time on here talking about my health. One reason is I get tired of even thinking about it, and sometimes I just need find somewhere it doesn't infect.

I haven't been feeling good lately. Quite a bit o' pain in the kidneys, actually. But some days it's no big deal, and some days it hurts like freakin' hell. But it's been busy at work, and with everything else going on, I've been just pushing things aside. I figured it probably had something to do with the damned Crohn's and since the oh-so-helpful doctors have been somewhat lacking in the ingenious suggestions category, I figured whatever.

Then Monday I had another moment of a little tenderness, and not the good kind. Spent a few moments close to tears in the private bathroom at work. So I said, screw it, and called the doctor.

Tuesday I went to see her and well, it seems it is a little more serious than I gave it credit for. It would seem that apparently I have kidney stones. And they seem to be on the commute. I went and had a test done to confirm, along with a crapload of prescriptions to make life a little more enjoyable.

Yesterday was fine, felt great and then today came and more ouchy-ness. I took the codeine pills so I could stay at work, and called the doctor's office around 4 to see if the results came back. The nurse answered and when I said my name, she asked me to hold and immediately the doctor came on the line. This is probably only the second time in my life this happened - I mean doctors don't tend to talk on the phone - they want you to come in so they can bill you. Well, the test results came back to show the presence of uric acid stones (sp?) and she's now booking me into the hospital for further tests and a CT scan. Of course, knowing our medical system of late, it'll probably be next June before I get in. It's kinda freaked me out. Yeah, I hurt but I really figured it was UTI or something.

But I must admit it's kind of a little martyr badge when my coworkers have been off for colds and sore throats while I've been at work doing their jobs and mine, while boulders have been hurtling down my nooks and crannies. Heh. Ok, that's maybe a stretch, but still makes them feel a bit like shit for not sucking it up a little.

In other news....Todd called tonight from the base. He arrived for his combat training yesterday and I now have a number I can reach him at whenever I want. Bethany's getting teased at school unfortunately. Some little redneck kid has been telling her that her Daddy's going to be killed by a grenade. It's just so sad that there will always be bullies and nasty little kids. I had hoped that we'd evolved a bit. So he was pretty torn up about leaving her when she was so freaked out. At least she can call him too for the next little bit. Poor wee thing, though.

Definitely buoyed my spirits though, and I didn't even tell him about this stuff. What's the point? Nothing he can do about it, and no point worrying him needlessly.

It's funny...I tell myself that I don't need to hear from him and that if he never called again, it wouldn't matter. But then the days go by and it takes about 10-12 days to get me feeling all screwed up and having him creep into my thoughts like a virus. And then, just when it gets to that feverpitch, I hear from him. Am I letting myself get too deep again? Argh. Can't even be bothered to think too much about it.

Well, it's getting late and I'm sleepy so over and out....

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie