January 21, 2005
A Challenge
Rebecca was kind enough to pass this little Friday night item on to me, and really got me thinking a bit.

  1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
    Ooh, it's scary. Somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000. I really need to clean it up SOON. But thankfully, my new little friend is on it's way to help with the chore. Music is what keeps me going. I love pretty much any genre, and make it a habit to always listen to music from all over the world, and not just our Pop 40.

  2. The CD you last bought is:
    Rod Stewart's Stardust. Not much I do buy these days, but there are some that still are worth it. I found a great programme for cataloguing music collections though and it does great reports like this.

  3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
    Hmmm...been watching TV so maybe the theme to Dateline? Last song on the radio was "Over and Over" by Nelly/Tim McGraw, which I must admit is rather catchy.

  4. Write down 5 songs (only 5??) you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

    • Five for Fighting - Superman. One night after my brother had a particularly difficult day on the job as a policeman, we were sitting around the campfire and he said he felt like that song was about him. That he felt he had to always act the hero and he didn't particularly feel it very much. I felt so close to him that night, and now that song always makes me think of him and our family.
    • Andrea Bochelli - Con Te Partiro. Yeah, all the best opera I learned from the Sopranos. Seriously though, there is something about this man's voice that just moves me. This song in particular stirs deep inside.
    • Just Jinger - I Like You Madly. A South African group I was introduced to during my 1997 trip. I don't think this song even made it out of South Africa, but it's light and happy. Reminds me of summer and happy times.
    • Bowling for Soup - 1985. Probably just a fad for me right now, but it just astounds me that it's really 20 years ago. How did time fly?
    • Faith Hill - Breathe. I've been a Faith Hill fan for eons. Her early country songs always spoke to me and even were a push for me leaving home in her song 'Someone Else's Dreams'. It may be a little corny, smushy or whatever, but it was the first song I heard on the radio in the morning after meeting Todd and it just sort of makes me miss him and think of him now. Yeah, sad, isn't it?
  5. Who would you like to pass this torch onto?
    • Stephie, my Little Rock buddy. I'm sure she rocks with the best of us!
    • Scarlett at WackySouthernHousewife. I'll bet you have great tastes in music!
    • Anyone else sitting out there on a Friday night and want the challenge.


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie