March 20, 2005
Continuing on
The good news is that my brother has been good for 24 hours now. Well, actually 36, I guess.

Yesterday, we all tried to stay away and give him the rest he needed. Only his girls, and one of my brothers went. He watched a few movies (you can get a DVD player in the room, but just not a test to tell you where the blockage is!) and is now starting to feel a lot better. In fact, when asked this morning what he'd like us to bring, he said a get away car.

Of course, as with most procedures, nothing happens on the weekend. They have him pencilled in for tomorrow so we're hoping that stays to plan. Nothing, though, is written in stone.

Meanwhile, not surprisingly, my back has given up the ghost and I'm walking like an 80 year old. I guess all this stress got me too tense and I'm really uncomfortable today. Such is life.

I will go up to the hospital later, but in the meantime, it's feet up and rest for me.

Todd's been calling again every day to get updates on Ron's progress, which touches me deeply. I have to let my guard down yet a little bit more, when I know that it's not just me he's interested in, but my family as well. He's being moved to a new base now, but I don't know where yet. Things are just changing and he's needed elsewhere. I just hope he gets his package of trans-fats before he goes! I mailed that just last week!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie