April 04, 2005
The Dark Ages
Given the fear rippling through the Canadian blogging community, after Brock's post, it has certainly given us all food for thought.

Although I haven't linked to any so-deemed illegal content, and have only questioned the logic behind such a ban, the thought of being so regulated is chilling. I used to think I lived in a free country, but suddenly, I am not so sure.

I am part of the Red Ensign Bloggers, who have been very eloquent and well-worded in their debate over this whole debacle. I have learned a lot through them and I am privledged to be among them. But my blog roll to the left does link to people who, if Gomery gets his wish, are posting illegal content. Does that mean I'm a co-conspirator too? Freaky thought.

Ith has a great post on the subject here, echoing my thoughts. Suddenly, this great idea of decompressing through blogging has taken a step on the dark side. I don't like it.

So do I go back to fluffy bunnies and posts about my trips to the grocery store? I am proud of the way my thoughts have been expanded by reading all these blogs over the last few months. I have become much better informed, and many different opinions have allowed me to come to higher and more refined thoughts of my own. I enjoy what I do and I want to continue on. As a friend said to me yesterday "Now I know ignorance is bliss, but I never want to go back there".

Not a nice feeling today, at all. It is a sad day for our freedom and for our country.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie