April 21, 2005
Day One
Well, first day at the grindstone after a 10 week sabbatical and it fully met and exceeded my expectations.

I have an office with a DOOR! No Les Nesman for me, thank you very much.

I have a window too, but it overlooks the shop floor. Steel is not all that estetically pleasing.

I get home now 2 hours before I was at the old job. The commute rocks!

Seriously, the job is good. The people fun to be around. And it's very interesting and challenging! I arrived early by about 15 minutes (still trying to figure out the commute time). After being briefed by HR, my cell rang and it was Todd.

As much as I love the guy, I find it so frustrating that the dude does NOT read his emails all that well. I had told him not to call me during 5:30pm and 2am his time. He read it as only call between those times. So a slightly embarrassing moment but after explaining to my boss that he was in Iraq, I was pleased to say they were very supportive. The HR lady told me "You tell him to call any time he likes.", which I thought was sweet.

He's back at Arifjan at the moment anyhow, which makes me feel a wee bit calmer than when he was up at Balad. Just not too happy about the idea of him travelling between the two, but not much I can do about it. He had promised to call at least every 48 hours but that hasn't really worked out that well. But I shouldn't complain...at least I do hear often.

So tomorrow I will be getting a tour of the shopyard and the steelworks. I'll be in steel toed boots and a hard hat. Should be an experience!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie