July 04, 2005
The 4th of July
Happy Independence Day to my American friends all over the world.

I have come to a newer understanding of the US over the last year of supporting Todd, especially since he was deployed to Iraq. I have seen a deeper love of a country and a true patriotism that has allowed my own to ignite and become stronger as well.

I have always lived half an hour from the border, and have felt very little difference between that imaginary line between 'here' and 'there'. Remove the politics and the fact remains, it's the people that make a country.

Have a great July 4th, my friends.

(BTW, I snapped the above pic in May 2003 in San Francisco. The warehouse had been burned out in a fire a few weeks before and there was something so poignant in the burned husk of the building with the flags waving in the distance)

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie