November 01, 2005
Out of the gates...
and beginning the challenge of NaNoWriMo. Am I crazy to attempt this? You betcha.

But I've got great friends also in the challenge that I'm hoping will push me along. Teresa, Charmarie and Devon to name a few. And also other 3-D friends, Lisa and Mo in England and Scotland respectively.

Out of the gate last night and taking advantage of the 3 hour time difference between here and the West Coast, I began at 9pm and finished at a word count of 2,905. Not bad for the first night!

My premise on this novel is a very simple Chick Lit thing. It's not what I want to actually do as my 'real' novel but my goal here is simply to get my feet wet and break the page fright I'm experiencing over word count.

Speaking of my real idea, I finally told my Mom about the plan. She was all for it and I'm now feeling very energetic. The premise on that is the story of our bakery while I was growing up. My Mom and her sister ruled the neighbourhood with that place for over a decade. During the day, and long before the advent of Starbucks, the bakery was the heart of the neighbourhood. My Mom and my Aunt knew all the stories of everyone in the area and made it a warm, friendly place that everyone came to chat. Even, the kids would come by after school for their free cookies and 'check in' with the 'Cookie Ladies'. But that's my goal next year once I get through some of the writing courses I'm taking, and a little more research in order to give it the voice it deserves.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie