March 25, 2005
Employment Spam
Taking a quick break from my book-reading to bring you one of the more funnier pieces of spam I've received lately. My resume is up on a number of job searching websites and today I received this :

From: StateDirector@Ailife.com

Hi, my name is /0001/ and I am the State Director for American Income. I saw your resume on the Internet and felt that I should contact you immediately. Our company currently has openings for several outstanding individuals, like you.

If you are an individual seeking a financially rewarding career with a company that is part of the Torchmark Corporation (TMK) a Top Forbes 400 company that truly believes in Honesty, Integrity and Trust, then I would like to speak with you.

Please reply to this email or call my office at /0002/ so we can schedule an interview.

Best Regards

/0003/
American Income
www.ailifecareers.com

To unsubscribe from future E-mails please go to http://www.tmkopportunity.com/optoutIR.asp?CO=AILC&ID=8509849_20050318.
Please allow two weeks for the removal process of your E-mail address to be complete. American Life Insurance * 1200 Wooded Acres * Waco TX 76710


I guess good ol' 0001 doesn't really mind that I live in another country. And the fact that he/she changes their name to 0003 by the end shouldn't be a red flag at all.

Spam...comes in all shapes, sizes and creeds.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie