March 22, 2005
Gonna wash that stress out of my hair!


Fantastic news this evening as we all breathe a huge sigh of relief. There is no significant damage to the heart or the surrounding tissues. No angioplasty, no bypass...just anti-inflammatories and relaxation.

It has been a rollercoaster week, and one that has made us all very thankful for how precious life is. I know I am looking forward to getting back to a more relaxed life.

Hayley, however, has been the epitome of 3-year old willfulness. Sure, it's easy to say she's acting out from stress, but holy hell, that child has an attitude! Love her to bits, but I can see why her Mom gets so frustrated.

One example last night...she's been potty trained for 6 months or so. We were lying in her parent's bed last night while I read her stories. She suddenly said "AnnieSue...I gotta pee." So I move toward helping her up and she looks up and smiles..

'Nevermind. I just did. '

Not an accident, mind you. Just not in the mood to actually get up and do anything about it!

I said to her.."Hayley, why would you do that? Now your Mom's gonna fire me as a babysitter!'

'Naw, I wanna be fired'.

'Sorry, girly, you can't be. You're in the union.'

Hence, since then, she's been skipping through the house yelling at the top of her lungs that she's in the union.

Ahhh...kids. At least I get to go home. [grin]

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie