March 20, 2005
Things that will make me get back to work soon!
It has nearly been two months since I was laid off. It is a wry irony that I was given my 'restructuring speech' on Groundhog Day, as my days are definitely running into each other. During my exile from the rat race, I have found a few things that would definitely make me run screaming back to the Cube World.

1. Kirstie Alley - yeah, you're fat. We get it. Have you ever heard of over exposure? Remember, when you were learning grammar and writing skills in elementary school, the teacher taught you not to use the same word over and over again? There was a reason. When your latest endeavour into a TV series fails, it wasn't about pointing out the obvious. It was overexposure. Telling the same joke over and over and over again is not funny.

2. Vijay from Jack FM - probably only people in the immediate area of Vancouver will have any idea what I'm talking about here, but this relates to #1. Over exposure. When I saw the first commercial, I thought it was refreshing, different, and pretty funny. He's a pretty regular looking guy with a very strong Indian accent singing the praises of a local radio station. Apu meets the advertising world. But when you see the same commercial up to 20 times a day, it is no longer funny. It's grating. Too bad...too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

3. Signing into news websites - why do so many make you do this? You find a great story, you want to read more but nuh, uh...not until you tell us who you are. Sure, there's bug-me-not sites, but it's still an extra step. It's annoying.

4. Cambodia - I'm sure other Canadians can agree with me on this, and the Americans probably have no idea. If you have to register into any site, if you're in the States, the USA is usually right on the top of the country list. If you're Canadian, pressing "C" brings you to Cambodia, then you have to scroll down. It's a small thing but it's frustrating.

5. The ads for things we don't have here. Sirius, Tivo and most of the sites that only ship to the USA. Why is that? We're not that small. We have the technology. It's like being the shunned family member.

I'm sure I'll add to this list, but that's enough for now.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie