April 23, 2005
Brain aneurysms
Well, not quite but not far from it. I've been dealing with migraines again. For the past 2 weeks, they've been really bad and today was brutal. It's 5:30pm and I'm just trying to get my feet on the floor. Chronic pain sucks sometimes.

But I did buy myself a little back-to-work present. A new laptop! My old one was getting a bit sad. The hinge was broken so you had to prop up the screen with a book, and there was a break in the cord so you needed to put a glass or something just so, to keep the cord tight. Not to mention it's been crashing for no apparent reason for some months now. I bought it just after Hayley was born so it's about 3 1/2 years old.

My new baby is a Presario R3440, with 80GB hard drive and all the bells and whistles. But lots of work getting it up to speed. Bookmarks, contacts, mail. I was really concerned that I would lose all of Todd's emails but thankfully, I figured it out and they made it through intact. Funny how certain things become so incredibly precious.

The second day of work went better than the first. I can now say the person I'm replacing is just one of the friendliest people I've met in a long time and we've bonded already. We went out for a vendor meeting yesterday and had to stop by her place to let her dog out. So I spent a half hour baking in the sun while she puttered around her house. Can't complain! The work itself is fascinating. I always love learning new things and Im finding the technology behind railroad systems is incredible.

With that, it's time to try once and for all to get this pulsing mush of a brain a rest and try to get rid of the pain. More when I'm back to myself.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie