April 21, 2005
The PM Speaks (and other daily rants)
at 4pm PST? Sure, go ahead and continue to alienate the BC population. Sorry, dude, I was at work when you changed your mind on the timing so missed it completely.

So he wants time? More like a time machine....

Seriously, even if he didn't know people were sucking the pennies out of the coffers left right and centre, as the former Finance Minister, he doesn't make a good impression. "Yeah, I had no idea what cheques I was signing, Officer...nobody told me it wasn't on the level".

If you hold the purse strings, you should at least know what it's opening for. It's not fine to apologize later and repent with promises of extra vigilance. It didn't work for the executives of Enron and Worldcom. It most certainly should not be acceptable for a government.

Maybe we need to take a lesson from Ecuador.

In lighter notes, did you know you can now email the Pope directly? I wonder if the 78 year old Pontiff will be anything like my 75 year old Aunt with the computer. "What do you mean - Control Key?" "The computer is telling me I have a virus". Yeah, like they'd ever even get him close to the keyboard. A thought occurred to me that it was lucky they were able to come to a conclusive vote on April 19. Can you imagine what the media would have gone with if it had been April 20 - the birthdate of the most infamous German?

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie