May 15, 2005
Hitched
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Melissa and Mike were married last night in a lavish and no-expense spared ceremony at a local country club. My niece is very particular about her tastes, and this was without a doubt a fairy tale dream wedding. But, and I say this with some hesitation because I shouldn't be negative, it was so rehearsed and scripted! There was very little emotion from the bride and it was mentioned over and over again that Melissa would not have anyone helping her and this was all her. It was absolutely beautiful but I think I would much prefer a backyard shindig that everyone just let go and had fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The wedding party was 14-strong. 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen and in the picture above, with the parents barely possible to keep in one frame. This was without a doubt the biggest wedding our family has ever seen.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's a pic of me, which my family teased me unforgivingly that I resembled Joan Rivers. Not funny and I believe I may have responded with comments that would have made a trucker blush. My family definitely were all in their cups this night, and it showed. Although my mom felt it necessary to tell everyone that would listen that I do have a boyfriend and he's a soldier in Iraq. This was a big change considering she, up until now, wouldn't even acknowledge the relationship. I chose not to correct her about the soldier part. Soldier, Sailor...6 of one, half a dozen of the other in this context.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This pic, of my big brother with his little girl is my favourite. My brother Bob was so incredibly proud and puff-chested, it made me teary. It was his day as much as it was his little girl's.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bride and her 6 best friends. The honeymoon will be in Cancun, with most of the bridal party in tow.

It was a decent time. I always feel so uneasy at functions like this, being on my own. No matter what happens, there is always a good bulk of the evening when you sit totally by yourself and it kinda highlights being single. I tried very hard not to let it get to me, and showed pics of Todd to anyone who came by to chat, but I missed him very much.

More pics are here.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie