July 11, 2005
Welcoming a new brigadier
I don't always get around to welcome the new Red Ensign Brigaders when they arrive. Am always happy to see others and continue to broaden my insight into my beloved country, but today I would like to welcome The Left Handed Right, as he hoists the traditional flag of Canada.

He notes:
You see, many people like to accuse Conservatives of being to negative - of hating Canada. It is a bizarre accusation to me, because we all know that when you fight over something, it is not because you hate it, it is because you care about it. It is important enough to fight over. Conservatives fight for the soul of this nation. We fight because we love Canada and want to treasure it and keep it safe. We want to cure that rot at the core of the nation, not twist Canada into some bonsai tree
Read the rest here.

Makes me want to stand on some soapbox, saying 'Yeah, what he said!'

And it doesn't hurt that he's a fellow southpaw from my neck of the woods. Welcome!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie