July 09, 2005
Chuck, we will miss you
As if the sadness of the last few days wasn't enough, tonight the word comes through the MP Chuck Cadman has lost his battle to cancer.

Very rarely, if ever, do I remember ever feeling so sad about a politician dying. But Chuck was an example to us all. I won't eulogize him here. There are many sites that will be able to do that better than I.

He was a man of principle and integrity. He didn't bow to public pressure. He wasn't born to politics but went to it after his son was brutally murdered in 1992.

For a snippet of who he was, read this interview.

In one part, he noted:
I said if you consider me the worst dressed person because I happen to wander out here looking the way most the people in my constituency look, I'm not apologizing for that. I do own a suit and there are times I have to wear one, but I spent my whole life going to work in my jeans and my sleeves rolled up and just because I got this job didn't change that. The last time I checked it was called the House of Commons because it was where the representatives of the common people are. And if I happen to look like them, I don't apologize for that.

It is just so unfortunate that the last months of his life had to be so burdened by our political woes and that he was not able to spend it in tranquility.

Hopefully his legacy will allow other likeminded individuals to take up his torch and to stand up for a better country.

He leaves a deep void in this country, and he will be missed.

May he be in peace now, and reunited with Jesse. His family will be in my prayers tonight.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie