October 17, 2005
Getting angry
While I'm still in quite a bit of discomfort, I am definitely improving. If only for the fact that I am now finding myself quite angry. Anger is always a good sign that I'm at least starting to think straight.

With that, I've decided - after talking to a few people in the dental industry - to seek legal advice. This is the second time in just over two years that something has gone seriously wrong in the dental chair. And this time, given my precarious work situation, may have had an impact on my job.

So I spent some time crafting a very detailed letter to the dentist explaining the situation from my point of view. The pain it has caused, as well as the anxiousness of not knowing if I will have another diverticular attack. The costs I have incurred over the last week is certianly not to be sneezed at, and I can only be thankful that I have good credit.

In the letter, I was very straightforward and polite. However, I am prepared to take it further if required. The sharp pain that I feel under my right eye has not gone away, although thankfully is a lot less severe than it was on my Meltdown day last Friday.

Thing is I have no idea what my next step is. The only times I've ever talked to a lawyer was during the aftermath of a car accident 20 years ago, and 10 years ago in a probate issue.

I've noticed a definite coolness from my boss this morning. Although he is cordial, I can't help but feel how disappointed he is. I've been sick for pretty much 2 months now and that does not look good for a new employee. I know if I was on his side, I certainly would not be impressed. I was frank with him this morning and explained the situation in depth, in hopes that he'd understand a lot of this is out of my control. I can only hope that's the case, but if not, so be it. I am sure I can find another job once I regain my health.

And with that, there's a tonne to do here today so I'm back to the grind.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie