April 10, 2005
The shower that was

I hadn't seen my niece in 3 years. And even at that, it was only about 20 minutes in the middle of a party I'd organized so it wasn't exactly quality time. Before that, I think she was probably 15. She turns 24 next week.

She has grown up a lot. I feel like I barely know her! But then I guess I really don't.

This wedding is for the ages. It is off the pages of a magazine and is costing a pretty penny. Her mother advised her to just take the money and elope but she would have none of it. Such is her dream, and far be it for us to chose for her. A girl's dream of a big fancy wedding can be so powerful.

Had to laugh though. Upon looking at the 'granny pants' she was given as a joke gift, she exclaimed 'Do people really use this for the tummy slimmer function? What does it do?' I told her I will remind her of that in 10 years.

On the length of marriage, she commented that most marriages don't really last any way but at least you get a great party and cool gifts. I surely hope she was just teasing, but her Aunt responded, 'Don't expect this if there's a NEXT time!'

This wedding will definitely be an experience. I look forward to it!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie