October 18, 2005
Take a Letter
After my post yesterday, I decided to start jotting down some notes that I wanted in front of me when I called the dentist's office. I didn't want to stammer or sound less confident when I called.

But one thing led to another. My notes turned into sentences. My sentences paragraphs. Soon, I had a two page letter detailing the experiences of the last two years and how I am 'deeply concerned' that this was not caught earlier in August when I first complained.

I sat it aside and re-read it a couple hours later and was still fairly impressed. It was assertive, yet not aggressive. Then I sent it to a friend for proofreading. She came back with only a very minor grammar change and said it was 'well-written'.

So I sent it. I emailed the owner of the dental office.

Two hours later, I received a call from her assistant. Apparently, my letter hit the mark. I will be meeting with the owner and the dentist next Monday to discuss 'renumeration' and 'whatever it will take to make me feel comfortable again'. While I know I'm not amiss in my complaint, it felt very good to hear the apology from the dental office.

Fingers crossed, everything will go well on Monday and I will be able to move past this.

I am feeling much better today and the pain is minimal. Let's just hope this trend continues.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer, who looks forward to a better Canada. I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.

Steal this button and link to me!
Turning thirty and a half
  • July 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • The WeatherPixie